Wednesday, June 11, 2008

recursion

In case you do not already know, I have been studying for my CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exam for the past six months. Basically, I get to the office at 8 in the morning, work until 5.30 in the evening, and then I bust out the books until 12.30 in the morning. Then I get to go home, sleep very briefly, and come back in to work to repeat it all over again.

Last night was no different. There I was studying in my office and JOLT! I totally twitched, waking myself up. I was still in my office when I woke up and I was still studying. It was then that I realized I was dreaming that I was studying in my office, when I actually was. How incredibly bizarre, I was thinking, until POOF! I woke up again, still in my office studying. No, no, no, no, no. This cannot possibly be. Was I just dreaming that I fell asleep while studying, only to have a dream about myself studying, then waking up to realize that it was a dream and not even know that I was still, in fact, dreaming; only to awake one more time, snapping back to reality, and discover that I was dreaming that I was dreaming? Man, this is really making my head hurt! TWITCH! OK, I know that you and I are both confused as it is and I know that I should not be adding another, but please keep in mind that this is not my intention. I cannot help it if my dream was recursed three layers deep, but that was indeed what happened. I was dreaming that I was dreaming that I was dreaming.

I need more sleep and need to study more. Too bad those two are mutually exclusive activities.

did you read my first post?

4 comments:

mahina said...

those are the worst dreams. though i've never had it happen to me 3 layers deep! i hate when my alarm goes off, for real, and then i drift back to sleep and dream that i got up and am getting ready. then i wake up and i am super late! i hate that!

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

(but did you notice that since i only tell what is in my dreams, in reality, there was one more layer?)

Shireen said...

Recursion:

(n)-If you still don't get it, see
Recursion.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

shireen .. your genius never ceases to astound me