Thursday, June 12, 2008

swimming at the ool

Growing up with Brooke and Landon was a blast. I still remember bending hangers and using them to try to catch rabbits by their house. I had a blast from the past the other day, as I went and visited Landon at his house for a pool party. I walked in through the garage and every room in the house was exactly as I remembered. Even the pictures on the walls had not changed. It was nostalgic and comforting to be back in an old friends house. I walked up the steps to the pool and saw the party in full swing. There was a DJ and people running all over the place. It was really nice to hang out with Landon again because I hardly ever see him anymore. We reminisced about the last pool party when I cracked my head open on his water slide. Good times!

After all the catch up, I really had to pee. I stood at the edge of the pool and dropped my board shorts to pee. Only after did I notice the sign that said, "Welcome to our ool ... notice that there is no 'P' in it. Let's keep it that way!" Jessica came up to me to cover me up with a towel and gave me a big hug. Apparently, she did not think it was appropriate to be exposed in public, as I was, but then again, I do not think that she was wearing anything under her towel either. As the party wrapped up, we all went to Landon's pool house for "tree of life" showers. Ah, the misty, water-color memories.

No comments: