Monday, April 14, 2008

dropping deuces and helping the homeless

I have recently been planning a trip to Europe this summer where I hope to be able to go on a cycling trek with my friend Kim, who works for Adidas. We will be cycling from Germany to Austria during the Eurocup 2008 and arrive in Austria in time for the quarter finals. So, I have thinking a lot as of late about purchasing a bike and finally did! I was going for a bike ride down PCH and was cruising along Mariner’s Mile when it hit. I had serious need of a restroom and I mean, soon! I had turtle heads poking and could not for the life of me hold it in. So what did I do? I dropped my sexy biking shorts, rotated backward on my seat like an awkward turtle, and dropped the kids off coating my bike seat all while maintaining my 26 mph pace. Luckily it was a flawless victory and once I sat back up discovered that I was as clean as a whistle.

I began peddling again, but was a little weary from the extra energy exerted in the previous three minutes. Dismounting my bike in front of one of the yacht lots, I decided that I was too far from home to return that day and began looking for a place to camp. Yes, I realize that my house is only three miles from there, but just could not find it in me to ride home, especially after the ordeal that I had just experience. I walked my bike past a few tents set up on the side walk and found an empty site right next to a homeless lady, who was lying in her own vomit. She looked quite sick and I was relieved when a female cop backed her squad car up to her and began to help get her out of there and take her to a hospital. However, the cop popped her back trunk, yanked this poor homeless women up, and was trying to shove her into the back trunk. I thought this was terribly inhumane, but then noticed that this trunk was at least three times deeper and longer than a typical car’s, so what did I do but help the nice lady cop to get the homeless person in there.

Feeling pretty good about myself and having done my good turn for the day, I began setting up my site. Now, even though I had just relieved myself a few minutes earlier, all of a sudden I felt like I was going to explode again. So, I sprinted up the hill to Newport Harbor High School’s stadium and ran into the locker room. This locker room was huge and it wrapped halfway around the stadium, underground. There was a set of thirty stalls at the south end and another set of thirty at the north. Having entered from the north, I ran past the close stalls to the south just because it seemed like a good idea. You see, I have been there before and it seems that all the stalls in the north wing are usually clogged and overflowing. As I open the first stall door in the south wing, I am hit with an unbearable stench and just as I feared, this stall was clogged and overflowing, even though it was at the south end! Not being daunted, I pressed on opening door after door after door, finding the same result in each pot. The walls around each stall were only half height, so I started peering over the wall to look. This way I didn’t have to endure the rank smell and I could still see if I could use that particular stall. After running through twenty-nine backed up stalls and a single occupied stall, I felt like I was busting at the seams and ready to pop.

I hustled back to the north end not knowing if I would make it, cursing those stupid, dirty sailors the entire way; and guess what I found? You would be correct that those stalls were just as dirty, rank, and disgusting as the others. As peered over wall after wall, I saw every color of chunky, greasy, runny, slimy brown that you could imagine. I even saw some very interesting greens, oranges, and reds with bits of corn and little green leaves stuck in there. I have no idea what the unicorn reading the paper was doing in one of the stalls, but I can only assume that it was dropping little Skittle flavored poops in the toilet, because that is what unicorns poop (kind of like the theory that dragon tears turn into jelly beans.) Either way, I darted between stalls through this maze of sewage and held my breath as I slowly opened the door to the last stall. As I inched this door ajar, what lay before me, but a golden throne, spotless and beautiful. I nestled in ever so gently with the biggest grin ever on my face, let out a huge sigh of relief from both ends and absolutely destroyed that stall. Apparently, I was number sixty to use that restroom that day. I feel sorry for whomever was to be number sixty-one.

12 comments:

lydia said...

That. Was. DISGUSTING! Boys and poop...I don't think I'll ever get it. Like that time you were proud of a job well done on the mission and left the picture in the stack for all to see. So gross.

Your unicorn reminded me of a t-shirt I won't let Mike buy. But seeing as you don't have a wife to stop you....
http://www.threadless.com/product/771/Marshmallow_Factory

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

that is the coolest shirt eVAR! you better let him buy it! (i've got to have it!)

Unknown said...

You got pretty gnarly going into detail with those greens, reds and pieces of corn. You did leave out a part though... woke up to find a few steamers in the bed.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

no way man! there was only a SINGLE steamer in the bed .. and i consider that "clean as a whistle!"

Shanna said...

W-O-W!!! Really glad that was just a dream.

Rebecca Waldron said...

That was a pretty intensely detailed dream. Those Newport Harbor kids sure poop a lot (and I speak from experience)

Stuart said...

really funny...i want to eat some skittles right now!!!!
you should have just pooped in the harbor...
cool dream

Malia said...

Hahah! Loved the reference to Albi the racist dragon! And it only makes sense that a unicorn would poop skittles... i think there was once a skittles commercial with a unicorn in it... maybe not poopin them out for everyone to enjoy but hey...

KImBerlEy said...

You know, usually when we have dreams about peeing, we end up doing it...therefore I have to agree with Tanner that there were most definitely a few steamers, not one, when you woke up.

So this totally reminded me of and experience that I had quite some time ago. I had to use the bathroom and the restroom that I was in didn't have stalls...just toilets in all sorts of different locations. And to my dismay, they were all dirty and some full to the brim. I just remember trying them out like goldilocks, but never finding the one that was just right. I felt really awkward because the restroom was packed full and everytime I found a decent toilet, I ended up naked in front of everyone. Needless to say, I never found relief.

Our dreams have quite a few similiarities, which frankly doesn't surprise me seeing as how we are usually on the same wavelength.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

555! i thought that actually happened to you, since you started by saying that you had an experience once ... too funny!

now what would be creepy is if we had the same dream on the same night ...

TGwal said...

This one is easy. my diagnosis is that this dream is merely portraying our friend kawika's affinity for the natural process and resulting joy of a good poop.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

@tyler: well said .. however i disagree .. i think that this dream shows my jealousy toward unicorns because they poop skittles and i want to be able to do that .. i mean, honestly, have you ever met a unicorn that didn't poop delicious, succulent candies? i didn't think so ..