Monday, April 7, 2008

long division emergency

There is this girl that works in my office, who will be referred to as Gina. Somehow, just as is the case with the other hot girls that work here, I don’t particularly think that she was hired on account of her intelligence, because she is nothing short of gorgeous. Typical of these types of girls, I can always hear her talking about celebrities, parties, shopping, and boys. Also, she seems to be a little slower in understanding any process that takes more than a few steps or anything requiring jumps in logic, but at least she looks good the whole time. One particular occurrence completely made my day. Gina burst into our office and looked rather frazzled. She ran in and said that she was working on a project and urgently needed some help. Gina asked in desperation, “Does anyone here know how to do long division?” It was an emergency! Her project was running a little late and she couldn’t finish it because of her poor math skills. I tried to explain that even though I know how to do long division, we now have calculators that can do the math for us. However, Gina insisted that her project could only be done correctly if long division was used. I told her to just use a calculator, or even Excel because that is what she was already using in her project. Also, I am not going to use long division to complete her project for her, no matter how good looking she is. Gina looked at me with those beautiful puppy dog eyes, welling up with tears, and burst into sobbing as she ran out the door.

22 comments:

Shanna said...

Poor Gina! However, I do agree with you about not swooping in and giving her the easy way out just because she's beautiful...what's the saying?..."Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. TEACH a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." So, maybe you could've have "taught her to fish" and spared her mascara from running.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

i don't think you can teach someone to use logic if they don't already have a capacity to do so .. trust me, i've tried :-P

mahina said...

i love the "but at least she looks good the whole time!" part.

Malia said...

Haha!!! Poor Gina... you were so mean to her... I'm sure stupidly beautiful girls have hard lives too.

lydia said...

I truly hope that this dream doesn't reveal a inner core belief that beautiful women can't possibly also be intelligent and logical.

If that's the case, remind me to tell you about the dream I had about surfers.... just kidding!

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

oh, no! not at all! i love it when i find women that are intelligent and logical AND i have met quite a few .. that just makes them even more attractive :D

Unknown said...

I thought you had no secrets...whats Gina's REAL name?? And I like this one...its shorter so I read the whole thing.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

you are right tanner ... i do have no secrets .. but i am (semi-)considerate of others' feelings ;-D

Kristin Pettingill said...

You are such a player. She just wants what she can't have... a man who knows his long division.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

how does this make me a player? if i was a player, i would have been very smooth about helping her out, making her feel comfortable and safe with me, while i flex the ginormous muscle that is my brain, sweeping her off her feet and taking her out that night, only to leave her again in the morning :'(

Kristin Pettingill said...

HAHA! Well I did say that she wants what she can't have. I'm right on that one, am I not? Funny that you put on a big strong front with her. At least you see through the bimboness. I know that's not a word, but it best describes her intelligence. :)

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

how about bimbosity?

Kristin Pettingill said...

Bimboboness mind? I think both suggestions are suffice.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

bimbostatiousness

Kristin Pettingill said...

Perfect.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

some would consider me an expert on all thing bimbo ..

Kristin Pettingill said...

hmmmm.... I guess that's not surprising. HAHA!

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

no comment

Kristin Pettingill said...

You posted a comment to say "no comment."

That's like pleading the 5th in a murder trial... you know the bugger is guilty. :)

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

i promise .. i don't actively search them out .. they just change into them or something ..

Kristin Pettingill said...

Only when they're around you....hmmm...

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

tell them to stop doing that!